In order to automatically create hat teams:
1) Create an event. Under Pricing, Modes & Dates, ensure that only "Free Agent / Individual Registration" mode has been enabled for this event.
2) Open registration like any other event, and allow users to sign up.
3) Close registration.
4) Go into Teams & Rosters and click + Add event-only teams. Put in the number of teams you would like to add and click Add Teams.
5) Peruse the list of player scores and make any adjustments that you may need to make (You would do this in the Registrants section under 'scrubbed score' for the player).
6) If captains have been predetermined:
Navigate back to the Teams & Rosters page and locate the players that are captains. Clicking on a player will allow you to change their role to "Captain" and you can now choose a team to put them on. It does not matter which team you select, as long as you select a different team for each captain. Once all of the captains have been set, click on Auto-draft Teams (then select division, if applicable).
If captains have not been predetermined:
Navigate back to the Teams & Rosters and click on Auto-draft Teams (then select division, if applicable).
7) Manually review the teams for balance and make any necessary changes.