We require each of our organizations to have a credit or debit card on file (Admin > Settings > Financial) for our monthly billing process.
During our monthly billing process, which usually happens on the first day of each month, organizations with a negative balance have their cards billed, which zeroes out their balance. Organizations with a positive balance (also known as a credit) are not billed.
The following could cause a negative balance, and thus, a monthly charge:
- A user is manually registered by an administrator and marked as not paid. In this case, this is considered an unpaid cart and the base service fee for this amount is subtracted from the organization's balance.
- A user initiates a payment plan where some amount of the total purchase is unpaid. We increase your balance for the fees on the unpaid amount, and when the payment eventually comes through, these fees will be credited back to your balance.
- A payment is made by any payment method other than card (e.g. cash, check, or bank transfer).
- A user disputes a credit card transaction with their bank, and we lose the dispute. We do our best to fight the dispute on your behalf, but if we lose, we charge the dispute amount to your balance. When this happens, we'll add a record in Admin > Settings > Transfers with more details.
- Fixed charges, like additional design fees, SSL certificate fees, or Premium fees.
In addition to the monthly billing process, you may sometimes notice that money is pulled from your bank account (an "ACH Debit"). The statement descriptor may say "SPORTS WEB TOPSCORE". This happens when you issued more refunds within a certain transfer day compared to money you brought in, so you had a net negative balance for that day.
If you have a question about your balance and/or one of your monthly charges and need more explanation, don't hesitate to get in touch with our support team and we can help explain.