What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is a free, enterprise-class web analytics solution that gives you rich insights into your website traffic. Enter your Google Analytics ID in the space provided on the integrations page of your website.
Find your ID
To find your Google Analytics ID, first log into your Google Analytics account, then:
- In the top left corner (next to the Analytics logo), click the down arrow to open the property selector.
The left-most column lists your accounts, and the next column contains your properties. The property you currently have open is highlighted in gray.
- Click on the cog wheel (Admin) at the bottom left of your screen, which will bring you to the admin section.
- Click on "Data Streams" under your property
- Select your GA Data Stream, and copy the MEASUREMENT ID... see below.
Connect your website with your Google Analytics
- Log into your TopScore website, go to Admin > Settings > Integrations
- Copy & paste your ID into the according field, your ID starts as follows: G-
- Click on save, and that's it!
How to transition from Universal Analytics (UA) to Google Analytics 4 (GA4)?
Check whether you are concerned
The short answer is: yes, you are concerned.
Universal Analytics will no longer process new data in standard properties beginning July 1, 2023. By then every website that is linked to Google Analytics will have to adopt GA4. You can check whether you still have the old UA property type by looking at your ID:
- Universal Analytics (deprecated) property IDs start with UA and end with a number (UA-XXXXXXXXX-1).
- Google Analytics 4 property IDs have only numbers (XXXXXXXXX).
If your ID is prefixed with UA, then you are concerned. You should have received multiple reminder emails from Google, and seen a top banner on your Google Analytics to highlight the need to transition to GA4.
Complete GA4 setup
- Go to your Google Analytics account, you'll see a banner with a countdown.
- Click on the button "Go to Setup Assistant" or "Begin migration". The goal is to setup a data stream that will feed your Google Analytics with usage data. Therefore we'll need to setup and copy your MEASUREMENT ID.
- Under I want to create a new Google Analytics 4 property click the button "Get Started".
- You'll see yet another dialog, just confirm by clicking Create and continue
- The next screen allows you to setup a Google Tag, select Install manually and copy the ID that's inserted in the script, of the following format: G-XXXXXXXXXX - this is your Google Analytics MEASUREMENT ID
- Now use that ID by following the instructions further up this page:
- Go to your site's Admin > Settings > Integrations
- Paste your ID under Google Analytics ID and save the form.
- You can click on Test installation and then Confirm, which should complete the setup and have the new data flowing into your GA4 setup.
- In order to make the warning go away, go through all sections on the Setup Guide and complete them as needed (for most use cases you will just have to click on "Mark as completed").
Will the old Google Analytics account data be available on the new?
However, your old analytics data will be accessible via your old property.