By default, mail lists are configured to be sent through your TopScore domain (e.g. abcd.usetopscore.com, where "abcd" is specific to your organization).
You may customize your mail domain via the steps below.
**Note: If your DNS is hosted by us, please email our help desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will do this for you.
Add Mail Exchange (MX) Records
- Choose the subdomain that you wish to use for your mailing list server (such as lists.your-domain.org, where "lists" is the subdomain). You may use your top-level domain if you're not using a service, such as Google Apps, that requires your top-level domain.
- Log into the administrative console for your domain and navigate to the page where you can update the MX records; you may need to enable advanced settings. If you're having trouble, Google has a helpful guide for setting up MX records specific to most common domain providers, but keep in mind that they don't completely match ours.
- Add an MX record for the email server.
- Set the host name to whatever you chose in step 1 (if you're using your top-level domain, your host is blank or '@', depending on your provider).
- Set the address to "lists.usetopscore.com." (the period at the end of the address should be included unless your domain provider does not allow it)
- Set the priority to 1.
- If your domain provider allows, set the Time to Live (TTL) value to 300 seconds.
- Save your changes. Changes to MX records may take up to 48 hours to propagate, but it's typically much faster.
Add Sender Policy Framework (SPF) Records
SPF is like the Caller ID of email. It lets an email recipient verify that the person who sent the email is someone they really want to talk to.
- Log into the administrative console for your domain and navigate to the page where you can update the DNS records. The page might be called something like DNS Management or Name Server Management; you may need to enable advanced settings.
- Add a TXT record. Don’t worry if you already have a TXT record on your domain, you can add multiple TXT records without causing any problems.
- Enter the name and value for the TXT record. The name is the subdomain you chose when you set up your MX records, for example "lists" (if you chose not to use a subdomain, the name is blank or '@', depending on your domain provider). The value of the TXT record is v=spf1 include:_spf.usetopscore.com ~all
- Save your changes. Changes to SPF records may take up to 48 hours to propagate, but it's typically much faster.
Update Your Mailing List Domain and Test Your Settings
On your website, go to Admin > Settings > Domain and add your new mailing list domain. Send an email to test@<your-domain> to ensure that everything is configured correctly.